PRE & POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Pre-Care Brow Instructions
• DO NOT take any aspirin, painkillers, or any other medications that has the effect to thin blood ONE WEEK before the scheduled appointment.
• NO ACCUTANE FOR A YEAR PRIOR TO THE APPOINTMENT.
• No Retin-A or Retinol products a week before the scheduled appointment.
• If you've had any cosmetic surgical procedures done on the face area, please wait TWO MONTHS to fully heal prior to the eyebrow tattoo procedure.
• Do not consume any alcohol beverages 24 HOURS before the scheduled appointment. This will prevent any excess bleeding, oozing, and minimizes swelling during the procedure.
• If there are any open wounds, pimples, bruises, or any other skin irritations on the area; please wait for them to be completely healed before attending the scheduled appointment. Please contact immediately if rescheduling is necessary due to this matter.
• Do not wax or thread your eyebrows 3 days before your procedure.
• No facials or chemical peels a week prior to the scheduled appointment.
• If there are any exfoliation products at home, please use on the brow area a week prior to the appointment for the skin to take in the pigment(s) easily during the procedure.
Aftercare Brow Instructions
• Apply a thin layer of your favorite antibiotic ointment or petroleum jelly with clean cotton swabs every time. Gently apply when area begins to feel tight and dry. Only apply when is needed.
• Always use a clean cotton swab. DO NOT use your finger tips! Do not touch the procedure site with your fingers! Your fingers may have bacteria on them, which may create an infection.
• Do not scratch or pick at the tattoo during the healing process. Do not rub against or traumatize the area when it is healing. If you do so, the pigment may be removed along with the crusting tissues.
• Restrictions of physical activities such as bathing, recreational water activities, gardening or contact with animals UNTIL the area is completely healed.
• NO salt water, sunlight, chlorine, makeup, eyebrow tinting, eyelash extensions, sauna, excessive sweating, soap, exfoliating products, whitening/brightening products on the procedure site UNTIL the tattoo is completely healed.
• Sleep elevated on your back during the healing process.
• You may shower and wash other parts of your face and body AS LONG as the water is not directly hitting the procedure site.
• If you have excessive redness, swelling/tenderness or any red streaks going from the procedure site toward the heart, elevated temperature or purulent drainage from the procedure site, CONTACT YOUR PHYSICIAN as the area may be infected.
• If you are experiencing any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procedure, STOP using the aftercare product and CONTACT YOUR ARTIST immediately! You may be allergic to the aftercare product!
• When the area is half way done scabbing, you may allow water to directly hit the area. However, please still avoid rubbing against the procedure site until all scabs have fallen off completely and naturally.
• Healed results will vary per person depending on: skin, blood type, existing hair, bone structure, face shape, the amount of times the area had been worked on, lifestyle, medications and aftercare.
HEALING PROCESS: 7-20 DAYS VARIES PER PERSON.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN PIGMENT COLOR LOSS.
ANNUAL RETOUCHES ARE RECOMMENDED TO MAINTAIN COLOR'S INTEGRITY.
What To Expect Immediately After Eyebrow Tattoo Session
• Brows will appear darker and thicker due to the freshness of an open wound.
• Redness, swelling, and stinging is normal and should subside by the following day completely. If the area feels unbearable for certain individuals who have low pain tolerance, please use a clean ice pack for comfort.
• For the first couple of days, brows will appear dark and very defined before the scabbing phase. The thickness will subside gradually as the days go by.
• Once the brow area starts to peel, it will appear flaky and unappealing. The area may feel a bit dry. Please follow the aftercare instructions below on how to take care of the procedure site.
• Once all scabs have fully fallen off completely and naturally, healed results should appear 10-30% lighter in color and 5% smaller in size from the initial.